Wulfman's CDT Race
* A point-to-point 14K race on
Continental Divide Trail
(CDT) between Homestake Pass and Pipestone
Pass in Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest.
The race is run from
Homestake to Pipestone
in even years and in reverse direction in odd years.
You may consider this trail gentle if you are used to the rugged back
woods. See trail
taken at each kilometer. The trail provides good footing in most places, and the correct path
is clearly marked for the race. You may also
Wulfman's tips useful for
* Here is what was said about Wulfman's inaugural
* The trail
is too narrow for a mass start, so seeded
time-trial starting/timing format
is used, with starting assignments beginning at 8 a.m, (9 a.m. in odd numbered
years) and with runners starting every 10 seconds,
thereafter. Your race number will coincide with your assigned start time. For
example, if you have the race number "8:12:30," your running time will start
rolling at precisely 30 seconds after 8:12 a.m, whether or not you are
physically in the starting chute at that time.
* Under normal late June
conditions, the route takes
about an hour to race swiftly like the deer, and it takes
about 3 hours to walk briskly at the porcupine's pace.
* Bussing is provided to
take runners to the start area in odd numbered years, and during even numbered
years the busses bring runners back from the finish line.
* There is an aid station
on the course, but you may want to carry more of your own food,
beverages, first aid, etc.
* There will be a "sweeper" who
walks or rides the course far behind the last participant to help ensure that all participants make it from start to
* Post Race Picnic & Awards
Ceremony (Save your bib number!!)
* Picnic beginning ~11 a.m. at Homestake Lodge.
Awards Ceremony at noon.
* The picnic is hosted by Butte's Piss and Moan Running Club for race participants - your bib # serves as your ticket. Families and friends are welcome as well, we just ask for a donation to offset the costs of serving those not registered to race.
carnivorous & vegetarian
fare with free microbrew and other beverages will be provided.
* Homestake Lodge has a covered pavilion with seating, providing cover if weather is unfavorable.
* Prizes & Awards
you must attend the awards ceremony to receive any and all prizes, awards or
* Awards announced as soon as results are tabulated and verified. Preliminary results
are normally posted
post-race picnic before the first runners arrive there. We have the capability to email
from the finish line to the ceremony!
* Random prize drawings.
* Unique prizes and recognition for
overall, 40+ age graded, & age group winners. This includes potential prize money for the first finisher in the overall and the 40+ age graded divisions.
* The person who most accurately predicts his/her finish time will also be
Lottery prize for one of Wulfman's Club members -- those who have finished all of
Wulfman's CDT-14K races.
* Online registration at
runsignup.com (click icon in upper right border).
* A special gift to the
first 50 early registrants.
Registration limited to the first
Golden VIP charity registration slots are also open.
Records from previous years' races.